More than ever the world needs flexible and prepared thinkers, ready to build financially robust businesses that are able to deal with the unexpected and cope in a crisis. This joint honours degree will build on strong analytical skills, exploring the economics of markets such as money, capital, derivatives and foreign exchange, and the theory of modern finance in business.
Choose from a range of modules throughout your course, such as Crisis and Business Continuity Management, where you will learn to analyse vulnerabilities and deal with simulated business interruptions. Explore the top-level decision making in managing the direction and impact of organisations with modules on Management and Strategy.
The opportunity to grow a deep understanding of accounting through the join honours degree will enable you to appraise the role of accounting in society. Appreciate and critically analyse financial decisions taken by organisations, and the standards, laws, rules and regulations that qualified accountants must abide by.
Throughout the course we will expand your understanding of business concepts, ideas, models and methods, with strong focus on strategic management. This valuable expertise will help you to stand out in roles in corporations, finance, and the civil service, in the competitive business world.
- You will have the opportunity to gain exemptions from some professional accountancy exams with the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CIPFA, subject to optional module choices and any module specific criteria, which gives you a great start towards gaining your professional qualification.
- Gain a practical insight into markets and trading with our Trading Room, which gives you access to industry standard software to analyse share prices and company performance.
- Our exciting careers programme DMU Works will help you to gain placement opportunities with local, national and global companies, previous students have secured placements at VW, Microsoft, Bosch, IBM, Pfizer, HSBC and Siemens.
- Our graduates have gone on to careers in globally renowned organisations. Recent successes include PwC, Vauxhall, Marks and Spencer, News UK, PepsiCo and BP and many more.
- Expand your horizons with international experiences linked to your studies through our DMU Global programme. Students have visited Copenhagen, Berlin, San Diego and Toronto. Recent visits to Bloomberg in New York gave students a valuable insight into the development of the Bloomberg trading system.