The Finance and Investment BSc course at DMU provides a rigorous academic approach to finance with a focus on practical skills and employability. Students will be equipped with the advanced technical skillset, knowledge, and professional attitude necessary to excel in a career in the financial sector. The course is a member of the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Affiliation Program and our curriculum prepares students well to sit the CFA examinations to obtain one of the most reputable professional qualifications in the finance and investment industry.
On this course, a comprehensive understanding of finance is developed through exploration of the connected disciplines of accounting and economics. This programme is ideal for those interested in a mathematical approach, where strong emphasis is placed on quantitative data. The use of important industry-standard commercial databases and software, such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, Matlab, and Python, are integrated into the teaching methods to bridge the theoretical and practical aspects of finance.
Innovative modules will introduce you to new methodologies – such as Artificial Intelligence and Financial Applications, where you will gain hands-on experience of using, evaluating, and even developing your own AI applications, to solve real-life problems. Our Trading Room – one of the largest in a UK university – will give you a simulated experience on industry-standard software that is used by decision-makers in practice. The programme is also structured to address many of the competence requirements of professional finance bodies
- Be equipped with an advanced technical skillset and professional attitudes to develop your career in finance and investment.
- Benefit from broad module content covering topics in finance, accounting, and economics.
- Experience a ‘state-of-the-art’ module Artificial Intelligence and Financial Applications, which will introduce you to the new methodology revolution. You will have hand-on experience of using and evaluating AI applications, as well as developing your own applications to solve real-life problems.
- Study a programme which is structured to address many of the competency requirements of professional Finance bodies. We are proud to be a member of the CFA Affiliation Program. This course is also accredited by the world’s largest professional body of management accountants, CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
- As a member of the CFA Affiliation Program, we can award the CFA Program Awareness Scholarships to a number of our top-performing students every year.
- Gain real-world international experiences to build on your studies with DMU Global, previous students have visited sites such as Wall Street in New York where they learned about the financial institutions there and gained an understanding of how the most recent financial crisis unfolded.