An ideal choice for both new graduates and finance professionals looking to progress their career, this programme is the opportunity to specialise in different areas of accounting and finance. It helps prepare full-time students for entry-level positions as they start their career, as well as supports learning career development opportunities for those in a range of roles such as accountants, auditors, practising managers, business consultants and finance experts from various backgrounds.
This course provides a critical approach to the theoretical underpinnings of accounting and finance. You will get practical experience of tools, techniques, financial databases, and research skills. The programme leads with core taught modules that critically examine the scope of generic accounting and finance, as well as modules such as Contemporary Issues in International Financial Reporting, Evaluation of Management Accounting, and Applied Corporate Finance.
You will also undertake the Research Methods module which not only develops and enhances your research skills but also helps prepare you for your dissertation. As part of the Applied Trading module you will undertake a two-week intensive study with our Trading room facilities, where students can consider the practical aspects of investment and strengthen their knowledge in this area.
You will also be prepared for future self-reflection and career development through the Knowing and Developing Yourself for Professional Success module. In addition to these core areas, students can select an area of interest and specialism from a comprehensive list of elective modules.
This allows you to design your own personal pathway, combining core modules with specialisms that are in line with your interests and career ambitions. Specialisms may include business analytics, governance and social responsibility, assurance and risk, and behavioural finance.
This course provides career entry opportunities for full-time students as well as being an ideal choice for accountants, auditors, practising managers, business consultants and finance experts from various backgrounds to learn new skills that support career development.
- Design your own course through combining core and optional modules, enabling you to devise your own personal pathway and tailor your degree to your areas of interest and future career plans.
- Increase your employability by developing a more in-depth understanding of accounting and finance issues for the private and public sectors, both nationally and internationally
- You’ll have access to the Executive Business Simulation, a sophisticated, software-driven experience that’s useful for learning to meet deadlines, work as part of a team, and develop team leadership skills through role-play.
- Expand your knowledge of applied trading through an intensive experience within our trading room, where you’ll work first-hand with industry-standard tools and techniques.
- With our Applied Corporate Finance module you’ll be able to put your theory and learning into practice with real-world scenario-based practical sessions.
- Business Analytics is an innovative module that reflects modern business requirements and expectations regarding the handling of large, high dimensional data sets. Your learning will also focus on data structuring, modelling and visualisation techniques.