This course explores the contemporary understanding of disease pathophysiology, current and emerging diagnostic procedures and aspects of therapy.
Accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science, this course will provide you with an enhanced portfolio of knowledge and skills relevant to the practice of a senior biomedical scientist in healthcare, academia, research, industry and other sectors. Benefit from the opportunity to tailor the course content specifically to your career interests by choosing optional modules in areas such as Cancer Biology, Nutrition, Environment and Public Health and Advanced Biotechnology.
During this course you will increase your interaction with other healthcare professionals and enhance your transferable skills with teaching from a team of experienced practice-based academic staff and researchers, some of whom have come from dedicated research institutions and have ongoing research projects while others are practitioners with extensive hospital laboratory experience.
This course is an ideal progression route for graduates of the Biomedical Science BSc or other bioscience disciplines and will enhance your career prospects in the bioscience and biotechnology industries. Many of our recent graduates have progressed on to postgraduate research courses, leading to PhD or professional doctorates in Biomedical Science, while others who are HCPC registered biomedical scientists have increased their opportunities for progression within pathology services (subject to relevant training).
- Professionally accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science, so you can enrich your skills and qualifications sought by employers.
- Enables Health and Care Professions Council registered biomedical scientists to increase their opportunities for progression within pathology services.
- Access extensive NHS links with NHS pathology centres to develop your understanding of the sector.
- Developed in conjunction with local health trusts and taught by a team of experienced practitioner-based academic staff ensuring your learning is relevant to current practice.
- Benefit from major investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment equivalent to what is used in industry.
- An ideal progression route for graduates of Biomedical Science BSc or other bioscience disciplines, helping to enhance your career prospects in the bioscience and biotechnology industries.