This course explores the application and development of techniques used by enterprises for the analysis of business information. Throughout the course we will expand your knowledge of contemporary software tools and help you to gain invaluable insights into real-world solutions through our research groups, guest lectures and seminars.
On our Business Intelligence Systems and Data Mining MSc, your learning will be supported by experienced SAS-accredited staff, who will equip you with a comprehensive understanding of SAS business intelligence software.
You will learn about the Business Intelligence system concept, its application in organisations, and its relationships with other computer-based information systems – such as decision and management support, data warehouses and artificial intelligence. We will teach you to review data mining methods and techniques available for effectively uncovering important information from large data sets. In doing so, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of data mining methods and gain practical experience of using the data mining software, SAS Enterprise Miner. You will graduate with an accredited, industry-recognised certification from SAS and be well placed to take up management and business information systems development roles in the industry.
- You will be taught by staff with extensive experience of SAS who will provide you with expert knowledge and skills.
- Enhance your employability and gain substantial knowledge and skills in SAS business intelligence software, and work toward your SAS data miner accreditation.
- Benefit from years of research and teaching in computing technology to advance your skills in developing business intelligence systems and data mining solutions to business problems.
- Access specialist computing laboratories including a suite reserved specifically for postgraduate students.
- Attend guest lectures and seminars with guest speakers from SAS, to gain valuable insight into real world situations. You will also have the opportunity to gain exclusive free access to SAS UK forums.
- Enjoy excellent graduate prospects. Graduates have gone into roles such as BI/SQL developers, logistics data modellers, and insight analysts, at organisations including Cognisco, LLamasoft and Occam DM.
- Our flexible study options, including full-time or part-time either on campus or via distance learning, ensure the course is suitable for recent graduates and professionals in work.
*Country restrictions apply