People are fundamental to any business or organisation, which is why the study of human resources is so valuable. Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), this course will educate you in a diverse and insightful range of topics linked to people in the workplace, including subjects such as managing change, employment relations, culture, motivation, and leadership.
The dual focus of this degree helps equip you with a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills, with the opportunity to follow a general business pathway alongside a specialised focus on Human Resource Management (HRM). As part of this you’ll gain a strong understanding of fundamental business concepts practices and methods.
You’ll also be able to acquire a thorough knowledge of key management topics and techniques, alongside studying modules such as Politics in Business, Employment Relations, Business Research Issues and Analysis and HRM in the Workplace.
- Thanks to its accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), industry developments and practices are reflected in our teaching.
- Upon successful completion of the course you can gain associate membership of the CIPD, helping you to get ahead in your professional career.
- As part of this programme you’ll have the opportunity to combine your study in areas as diverse as marketing, finance and strategy, alongside specialising in HR subjects such as managing change, employment relations, culture, motivation and leadership, so you can develop a broad range of skills.
- Gain valuable international experience as part of your studies with our DMU Global programme. Previous trips have taken students overseas to destinations such as Copenhagen, New York, Berlin, San Diego and Toronto.
- During this course you will have the option to complete a paid placement year, an invaluable opportunity to put the skills developed during your degree into practice. Students have previously enjoyed placement opportunities with local, national and global organisations including the NHS, Marks & Spencer, Siemens, Lidl, and Rugby Borough Council.
- Our graduates have gone on to work for many leading brands in graduate roles such as HR adviser at Dunelm Head Office, learning and development manager at Miss Selfridge, HR consultant at Jaguar Land Rover and recruitment coordinator at BUPA.