We’re living in a digital age, and while this technology and connectivity gives us so many benefits, it also means hackers and cyberterrorists have more opportunities than ever before to sabotage institutions, businesses, and even individuals.
This programme is developed in partnership with a range of national and international organisations, including Deloitte UK, Airbus, BT, and Rolls-Royce, ensuring you learn about the issues at the forefront of the sector. Teaching is delivered by our expert staff at the Cyber Technology Institute, which has been named as an NCSC Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research thanks to its pioneering research in incident response and cyber threat intelligence, industrial control systems and sociotechnical security.
Our Cyber Technology MSc course consists of five main themes –Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Software Engineering, and Management. It can be studied by combining modules from all five categories, allowing you to specialise in your chosen area of interest. Alternatively, you have the opportunity to choose mixed pathways, for example the choices of modules could lead to a degree in Cyber Security with Management. The National Cyber Security Centre – part of GCHQ – has fully certified our MSc in Cyber Technology and MSc in Cyber Security in recognition of their excellence in providing students with a broad foundation of skills.
- Develop the skills required for a rapidly evolving sector and learn the techniques to be able to work in one of the most fast-paced areas of computing.
- Study a programme that’s been developed in conjunction with industry experts. Our modules are created with input from Deloitte UK, Airbus, BT, and Rolls-Royce, which allows you to explore and study real-life issues relevant to industry.
- Access to our dedicated Cyber Security Centre, which features computer security and forensics laboratories, will give you the opportunity to work in industry standard facilities and allow you to develop and enhance your skills in digital forensics.
- You’ll be taught by expert academics from our Cyber Security Centre and Software Technology Research Laboratory, many of whom are recognised leaders in the cyber security domain.
- Tailor your learning to your area of interest and select modules from Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Cyber Technology, Digital Forensics and Software Engineering, allowing you to specialise in the areas of the course you are most interested in.
- We help our graduates to be prepared for roles such as consultancy, software houses or project management within organisations that are cyber security specialists. This includes areas such as law enforcement, government, commercial IT departments and security consultancies.
*Country restrictions apply