Are you a student of Fashion or Business at HND level? Would you like to study for a degree in Fashion Management in one year and be taught by industry experts in world-class facilities?
DMU’s Fashion Management top-up programme is designed to offer students, from a wide variety of backgrounds, the opportunity to realise their creative and individual potential within Fashion Management and learn the key skills needed to pursue a career in this dynamic and exciting industry.
The focus of the programme is on fashion business and management, and you will learn about fashion buying, marketing, innovation and entrepreneurship to equip you with a thorough understanding of the product development management process from product conception to point of sale. The curriculum concludes with an individual industry-focused major research project, with the flexibility to tailor your project towards either Marketing, Management, Buying or Trend in order to pursue your own area of interest.
This top up programme is intended as an option for level 5 students who have completed education to an HND (level 5) in the UK or hold an international equivalent qualification in an Art & Design or Business subject, wishing to gain a BA (Honours) qualification in Fashion Management in one year. Completing this programme will give you the chance to progress to the Fashion Management with Marketing MA at DMU, gaining two degrees in two years.
- Gain an honours degree in Fashion Management in one year then go onto study Fashion Management with Marketing MA
- Understand the key elements of fashion business and management including product innovation, intellectual property law, business planning and entrepreneurship.
- Learn about the global buying cycle and the current ethical and environmental issues relating to fashion sourcing and manufacturing.
- Explore contemporary issues within the global fashion market place including consumer behaviour, segmentation, online and off-line fashion promotion.
- Develop key buying skills such as range planning, range building, negotiation and range analysis to produce a profitable and commercial fashion range.
- Recent graduates have had successful careers at global retailers such as Urban Outfitters, O’Neill, Next, Marks & Spencer, River Island, and Selfridges.
- Gain meaningful international experience through our DMU Global programme. Previous field trips have taken students to Antwerp, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York.
- The award-winning Vijay Patel Building provides both the space and the facilities to foster creative thinking, where ideas can develop and flourish for all of our art and design students.