Graphic Design opens the door to an extensive variety of creative roles, from positions in agencies, freelance consultancy, in-house or even opportunities to set up your own studio. Advertising, animation, visual effects or stylist, there are many directions a Graphic Design degree can take you.
Gain the essential experience required to become a successful graphic designer and graduate with an impressive portfolio that demonstrates your skills and talents, showcasing your capabilities to prospective employers.
Not only do you learn how to apply your creativity, you’ll also be able to develop other areas such as research, analytical and entrepreneurial skills. Teaching staff are practising designers with a range of experience and close industry links, allowing you to spend time working with professional clients, such as the House Design Society.
- Newly developed and multi-purpose facilities feature multiple iMac-equipped studios, specialist digital printing facilities, green screen studios, video and photography suites, drawing and craft studios, letterpress and traditional printmaking workshops.
- Study a range of topics including image-making, applied graphic studies and media and communication technology for graphic design.
- Gain valuable international experience as part of your studies with our DMU Global programme. Previous trips have taken Graphic Design students to Berlin, which provided a valuable introduction to the Bauhaus art movement.
- Undertake live briefs set by industry professionals and participate in high-profile competitions such as D&AD, International Society of Typographic Designers, Starpack, and the Young Creative Network.
- Expand your portfolio with House, DMU’s Design Society, which gives you the chance to develop your practical and professional skills through live project briefs set by real clients from the design industry.
- Our graduates have gone on to work at some of the world’s biggest design agencies and businesses, including Barclaycard, Google, Sony PlayStation, Penguin Books, Disney Studios, Burberry and Warner Music.