The FIFA Master International MA in Management, Law and Humanities of Sport has grown to become one of the most respected programmes in the world that is focused on developing all-round managers for international sports business. It has been ranked the number one postgraduate sports management course in Europe a record eight times by SportBusiness International.
The course is composed of four distinct modules which are taught across three of Europe’s leading institutions in this specialism, and with overall co-ordination provided by the International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES) in Switzerland.
The first module is taught by the International Centre for Sports History and Culture here at DMU, which is the only centre of its kind in the world. The second module is taught at the SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan, one of Europe’s most prestigious business schools. The third module is taught at the Université de Neuchâtel, one of the top law schools in Switzerland.
The fourth and final part of the course also takes place at the University of Neuchâtel, and involves working in small groups on a chosen topic, considering it from all angles, and then preparing and completing a joint project.
Course lecturers are some of the leading authorities in the study of sport and guest lecturers include speakers from top organisations in the world sport. This course has an excellent record of students finding jobs in sports management across leading global sporting organisations such as FIFA, IOC, UEFA, AFC, CAF and F1. The dynamic and thriving alumni association provides a valuable network both during and after the course.
- The FIFA Master in Management, Law and Humanities of Sport was ranked the best sports management course in Europe by SportBusiness International in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. It is the first and only course to receive this top award on eight separate occasions.
- The course offers excellent opportunities to meet top executives from high-level international sports federations, clubs, agencies and organising committees, enabling you to build your network of contacts, which is key to a successful career in sport.
- You will learn from an expert and international teaching team, who are all research active in their specific area of specialism.
- You will benefit from studying at three different European university campuses and from studying with students from more than 20 different countries.
- The course includes a comprehensive field visit programme to organisations such as the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club, AC Milan football club, International Olympic Committee, FIFA and UEFA.
- Former patrons have included Lord Coe, Alexander Popov, Sir Bobby Charlton, Nawal El Moutawakel and Jonathan Edwards CBE.
- As a graduate you will becomes a member of the FIFA Master Alumni Association, which provides a diverse and invaluable network of connections to support you in reaching your career goals.