The need for sustainable approaches to building design is recognised across the globe. As the effects of climate change are increasingly felt, the drive towards more energy efficient buildings is intensifying. Sustainable buildings need not be technologically complex, but a high level of sophistication in design procedures and performance analysis is required.
Accredited by both the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute, this programme will allow you to develop an understanding of building physics and acquire skills in building simulation, with an emphasis on sustainability. This course is the opportunity for you to graduate with a recognised qualification, satisfying the educational aspects of becoming a chartered engineer.
This course is designed for those who wish to understand the ways new and renewable energy can be harnessed in buildings, gain the ability to undertake the simulation and modelling tasks essential for credible building performance analysis, and work creatively within a multi-disciplinary design team, including building services engineers.
You will develop a broad insight into energy and sustainability issues, building physics and performance, energy analysis techniques and in-depth knowledge of computer modelling techniques for the design of modern sustainable buildings.
- Your degree can fit around your work and other commitments thanks to flexible study options. The course is designed to be tailored around you with part-time, full-time or distance learning options, and multiple exit awards from a full master’s degree to a single module.
- Accredited by CIBSE and the Energy Institute, you will benefit from the highest- quality teaching and be able to graduate with an industry-recognised qualification. The CIBSE is an international body which represents and provides services to the building services profession, with a membership of 17,000. The Energy Institute is the leading professional body for the energy industries, supporting almost 12,000 professionals.
- Through interdisciplinary teaching which allows you to look at various subject matters, you can develop a broader insight into energy and sustainability issues, as well as in-depth knowledge of computer- modelling techniques for the design of modern sustainable buildings.
- You can benefit from excellent career prospects, with many of our graduates from this programme progressing on to work for organisations such as the European Commission, Mott MacDonald, WSP Global, WYG, and Arup Group. As well as this, a variety of our graduates have gone on to work at other energy and environmental consultancies, central and local government, and multinational organisations.
- Our modules are taught by expert research and teaching staff at the Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development, which has more than 30 years’ experience to draw on. This means you’ll be able to learn first-hand from researchers who are actively involved in furthering knowledge in this area and will be able to offer you real-world experience and insight.
*Country restrictions apply