This course is aimed at entrepreneurs in the design industry with ambitions to apply their creative and analytical skills to business and social contexts. Your studies will explore and analyse business models, spanning from small and local to multinational corporations and social enterprises, preparing you to respond to the demands and contemporary challenges of the global design industry. The course is designed for students with a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, such as Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign, and will develop these technical skills to an advanced level. Our extensive choice of optional modules mean that this course can be tailored to suit you. Explore areas ranging from communication and commerce in global fashion markets, to the display, interpretation, and conservation aspects of museum and exhibition design.
With us, you will discover design management and design thinking, and gain a thorough understanding of brand management. We will teach you to examine the role of design in service industries, and develop your business planning skills with an awareness of international markets. You can also further your understanding of marketing, web presence and in-store retail design and explore creative solutions to the major sustainability issues within the industry.
Throughout the course we will empower and support you to challenge conventions, experiment boldly, and take risks. We will help you to develop new ways of thinking about design, and prepare you to embrace a high level of executive responsibility in any design, creative or digital media technology business.
- You will develop the design skills and innovative approach required to become a successful and impactful entrepreneur in the creative industries.
- With our flexible curriculum, you can choose from an extensive choice of specialisms and tailor your study to your personal and career aspirations.
- Join a community that is working together to co-design new ways of thinking to redefine the future of creative practice.
- With an optional year-long work placement you can gain valuable experience to further enhance your practical and professional skills.
- Benefit from an expert teaching team who are active researchers and maintain strong links with the commercial sector to ensure their teaching is influenced by contemporary industry trends and real-world skills.
- Benefit from our extensive links with key international partners, including Bauman Moscow State Technical University and Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation.
- The award-winning Vijay Patel Building provides both the space to foster creative thinking as well as top-class facilities, giving you access to a range of dedicated workshops and a host of specialist equipment.