Our flexible LLM gives you the freedom to tailor your studies to suit your career aspirations, and graduate with an LLM in International Business Law, Business Law or Law depending on the modules you choose and the subject of your dissertation. On this course you will delve deeper into core aspects of business law and regulations in domestic and international contexts. We will introduce you to common law and civil law legal systems, and compare approaches to legislative interpretation, use of precedent and codification.
From international trade contracts to the international exploitation of intellectual property rights, or examination of how the internet works and the legal problems that arise from it, the areas of study we offer within the international private corporate and commercial law specialism are vast and specialised.
Our diverse range of modules equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to develop your career, whether you want to work in law, management, exporting, consultancy, or academia. Study in a setting that encourages debate and meaningful discussions on international business practices, and protections that the law gives. Your learning will also benefit from the close links that Leicester De Montfort Law School maintains with local and national companies.
- Gain an edge in this competitive field and set yourself up for international employment opportunities by learning in greater depth about the common law and civil law approaches to business law.
- Design your own course. The diverse range of specialist modules within the course will allow you to tailor your studies to meet your career aspirations.
- Enjoy a diverse learning experience with students from other legal systems.
- Widen your career options. This course will prepare you for employment in international fields such as management, exporting and consultancy or academia.
- Learn from lecturers with extensive academic international experience from a wide variety of backgrounds. In addition to academic and research expertise, the teaching team also includes experienced legal practitioners, to give the course a balance of practical and academic focus.
“The course took the learning content beyond the remit of the classroom by providing us with real-world challenges and showing us the implications of legal procedures on business practices.” - Merul Parekh, LLM International Business Law graduate