This course was approved and validated by Social Work England in June 2020.
Would you like to make a difference to society? Social workers play a key role in supporting and helping people and our degree helps train you to be a confident, effective, resilient and safe practitioner. The course covers all aspects of social work, including theories and methods, legislation, skills for practice and developing professional competency.
Taught by highly experienced staff, on this course you will learn to work with both adults and children and will be eligible to enter any area of practice upon qualification.
Social workers support in a wide range of areas, including child protection, with vulnerable adults, older people and in mental health.
Subject to approval by Social Work England, successful completion of this degree will allow eligibility to apply for registration as a social worker upon graduation.
- 100% of students on this programme said that the course was supportive and they received good advice and guidance about their studies (NSS 2019).
- Our staff have extensive experience in social work practice, teaching and multidisciplinary research, ensuring your learning experience is high-quality and up-to-date with contemporary issues, advancements and debates within the sector.
- Benefit from a high level of Involvement of people with lived experience across the programme, including co taught lectures and assessments.
- This course is designed so that you will learn to work with both adults and children and be eligible to enter any area of practice upon graduation.
- Benefit from practical work placements in settings including Child protection, Adoption and fostering, Physical and/or learning disability support and Youth Justice, which will take your learning beyond the classroom and enhance your experience and employability.
- Develop your transferable skills with interprofessional learning, working alongside students and practitioners from a wide range of other professions including nurses, doctors, criminal justice workers, teachers and the police.
Social Work Bursary:
You may be eligible for a non-repayable social work student bursary of up to £4,862 (this is based on the NHS guidance 2020-2021 so may change for future years).