Technology and computer systems are becoming ever more integrated with our day-to-day lives, meaning the protection of all the data and information they contain is paramount.
With many organisations and businesses now considering the protection of online information a critical business issue, there’s an increased focus and demand on the role of cyber security.
The specialist techniques taught as part of this course will help prepare you for a career in a rapidly growing industry which is currently faced with a shortage of skills.
Our graduates have progressed into careers in industry, government and law enforcement, as security analysts, penetration testers, forensic investigators and cyber security engineers, at organisations such as Deloitte, Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), Airbus, and Rolls-Royce.
- DMU has been recognised for conducting world-leading cyber security research, having been named the East Midlands’ first ‘Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research’.
- This course is taught by experts from DMU’s Cyber Technology Institute, which boasts an international reputation in computer security and digital forensics, influencing the approach taken by the UK government and leading organisations.
- Study modules on cryptography, penetration testing and professionalism in forensics and security.
- Gain valuable industry experience by undertaking a placement, with students taking up placements at Airbus, GCHQ, and Vauxhall Motors.
- Benefit from specialist forensic and security laboratories, fitted with customised PCs configured with multiple operating systems, virtualisation and removable hard drives.
- Our #DMUglobal programme offers students the opportunity to have a valuable international experience as part of their studies. Cyber Security students recently gained insights into San Francisco’s tech industry, while others put their skills to the test at New York’s Spyscape museum.