This programme focuses on leadership and responding to global health challenges. It has been designed to meet the needs of overseas nurses who have demonstrated excellence in their field and have an aspiration to lead healthcare services in the future.
The topics you’ll study on this course include research methods for health professionals, leadership in contemporary healthcare, health promotion and public health, leadership in practise, and global approaches to healthcare. Studying each of these subjects will help equip you with the knowledge and skills to undertake an independent dissertation, on a topic of your choice, related to leadership and nursing, supported by our experienced academic supervisory team.
Expertise in the programme team includes leadership, organisation development, and methodological expertise including systematic review with significant contributions to Cochrane, the leading journal and database for systematic reviews in healthcare.
Graduates of the International Nursing and Leadership programme will develop the knowledge and skills required to pursue their future careers in senior positions in healthcare.
- Enhance your career in the international healthcare industry with a course specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage and lead
- Learn in an institution with more than 50 years of nursing experience and study in one of the fastest growing international communities in the UK
- Broaden your understanding of the global challenges facing nursing and nurse leaders, and develop insights into other healthcare systems
- Develop invaluable skills to enhance healthcare services and patient care in your home country
- Be taught by a team with experience in qualitative approaches and inter-professional working. You’ll learn from experts in the field, with areas of research expertise including family history of coronary heart disease, reducing health inequalities among patients with long-term illnesses in society and childhood asthma.
- Undertake research supervised by an experienced academic supervisor.