September 2021 entry
Due to significant demand for this programme, and taking into consideration capacity constraints with practical placements, applications to Adult Nursing for September 2021 entry are now closed. However, there are still options available for you to consider.
- Nursing (Learning Disability) BSc (Hons) with NMC registration
- Health and Wellbeing in Society BSc (Hons)
The Nursing and Midwifery Council introduced new national educational standards – Future Nurse Standards of Proficiency for registered Nurses in 2018. The curriculum from September 2021 onwards, is based on these standards for nurse education.
Adult nurses play crucial roles in healthcare settings by restoring and promoting health, supporting patients and their families, and responding to the varied healthcare needs of individual patients or communities.
During this course – thanks to strong links with service providers across the region – we are able to offer a range of placement opportunities embedded within all three years of the course.
You will benefit from shared learning opportunities with students from the other fields of nursing practice, but will also engage in field of practice specific learning opportunities throughout the programme, to ensure that you develop Adult nursing field of practice identity, knowledge and skills.
- 100% of our summer 2017 Nursing graduates are in work or further study (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2016-17) compared to a sector average of 94.6%.
- The programme is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and upon graduation of the programme, you will be eligible to register with the NMC.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for registration, and registered nurses can start on a salary of more than £24,000 (NHS pay scales 2019/20).
- Study in our purpose-built facilities which comprise clinical skills suites, a moving and handling area, a cardiopulmonary resuscitation room and a sensory room – allowing you to apply theory to practice in a safe environment.
- Our strong links and integrated work placements with local health and social care providers allow you to experience real-world situations.
- Gain valuable international experience as part of your studies with our DMU Global programme. Our students have taken part in healthcare programmes in Peru, improved the health of communities in India and examined the social and health inequalities faced by specific populations in the US.
- We have more than 50 years of teaching experience, enabling us to deliver high-quality professional education to our diverse studentship.
- DMU has achieved Gold, the highest ranking possible under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) indicating the outstanding learning and teaching on offer at DMU. [Office for Students, 2017]
- The TEF Panel judged that De Montfort University delivers “consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.” [Office for Students, 2017]