The Master programme in Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering provides a solid in-depth education that enables the graduates to design and implement, on one side, systems for efficiently managing large amount of data and extracting useful knowledge from this data, and, on the other, intelligent systems by exploiting artificial intelligence techniques. The MSc advances the student knowledge portfolio in both computer infrastructures for intensive data management, and methods for data analytics and artificial intelligence. These competences allow graduates to interact with professionals (even non-engineering ones) in different domains and contexts where data processing is required, as well as to complete their mastering of computer engineering.
The course is structured to admit not only students with already a strong background in computer engineering, but also students coming from different disciplines with at least a proper knowledge of programming languages. Graduates in computer engineering will have the opportunity for going in-depth into engineering and methodological disciplines; the graduates in other disciplines will complete their knowledge of base methodologies of computer engineering, including operating systems, computer networks, databases, algorithms and advanced programming.
Compulsory activities are in English. Elective activities are in English or Italian. The total of ECTS given in English is sufficient to complete the programme and take the degree, hence knowledge of the Italian language is not a prerequisite. However, learning activities covering basic subjects in computer engineering, meant for admitted students not having a strong background in this field of study, are only taught in Italian.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Graduates of the Master programme in Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering will be able to demonstrate an advanced knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Platforms and technologies for storing, managing and analyzing data on a large scale, cloud computing, fog computing;
- Methodologies for heterogeneous data visualization, data mining, process mining;
- Methodologies for machine learning, deep learning, automated reasoning, computational intelligence.
Graduates will be allowed to develop a knowledge of related disciplines in the fields of optimization, statistics, business management and law, as well as complementary disciplines such as bioengineering and robotics.
Occupational Profile/s of Graduates:
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Service/Platform Engineer/Manager
- Data Analytics Engineer/Manager
- Data Technologies Engineer
- Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
- Business Process Engineer/Manager
- Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer/Architect
- Machine Learning Engineer/Architect
- Big Data/AI Consultant
- Researcher in public/private labs
Access to further study: The Laurea Magistrale degree in ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DATA ENGINEERING allows the graduate to compete for entry into a Third Cycle programme/doctoral school.