Relevant, engaging marketing is critical to the success of any company, service or product. This course will introduce you to the key principles and practice of effective marketing. You will learn how to analyse real business problems, come up with research-informed, creative marketing solutions, create campaigns with realistic and achievable targets and learn how to evaluate the success of your marketing activities.
During the course you’ll gain real-world experience using simulations, case studies and project pitches. You’ll be taught by lecturers with extensive industry expertise and will build the key skills and knowledge to stand out in the field and produce outstanding work.
In your first year you will develop a broad overview through core marketing modules. Optional modules in years two and three allow you to tailor your studies to your interests and career goals – from Global Marketing Strategies to Customer Management, Digital and Direct Marketing and EMarketing.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM), ensuring that you gain experience aligned with the needs of industry. These accreditations allow you to gain exemptions from professional qualifications, meaning you can obtain them more quickly and advance faster in your career (subject to module choice).
- CIM and IDM accreditations offer opportunities to gain significant exemptions from professional qualifications, depending on your module choice.
- Our Fox’s Lair initiative gives you the opportunity to come up with a business idea and pitch it to business executives with a chance to win a financial investment prize.
- Our DMU Works team will help you gain the skills that employers are looking for through placement opportunities with local, national and global companies. Marketing students have landed placement roles with Volvo Group, DHL, Pfizer, FedEx, Rolls-Royce, Bosch and Saint-Gobain.
- Our graduates have gone on to careers in globally-renowned organisations. Recent successes include Capita, Bank of Ireland and Vodafone.
- Enjoy an international experience with DMU Global. Our Marketing students have previously visited New York-based agency McCann, where they gained insight into advertising in the US.