This highly practical course gives you an excellent grounding in how businesses are run and managed. You’ll develop vital employability and communication skills, explore creative ideas, and gain a deep awareness of business.
You can tailor your degree to reflect your interests and career ambitions by specialising in topics such as accounting and finance, human resource management, and marketing.
The modules we offer are continually reviewed, considering contemporary issues, to make sure you are equipped with the knowledge and skills that employers need – such as our Business and Sustainability module, which covers sustainability challenges and explores how managers can successfully balance their economic, social and environmental impacts.
A Business Management degree at DMU can open up an exciting career path in a wide range of areas. Previous graduates from this degree have gone on to successful careers in world-renowned organisations, including Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Caterpillar, HP and The Body Shop.
- DMU is ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework, the only UK government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education (Office for Students, 2017).
- If you successfully complete certain modules you will be eligible for the award of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership, at no additional cost, upon completion of your degree.
- Our DMU Fox’s Lair initiative will help to prepare you for the business world, with an opportunity to work in groups to generate and present a business plan to local entrepreneurs and executives, competing for a financial investment prize.
- Benefit from DMU’s careers and employability team, who have been named the Best University Careers/Employability Service at the National Undergraduate Employability (NUE) Awards 2021.
- Students have recently secured placements at leading companies such as BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Triumph, Phillips 66 and Siemens, working in areas such as supply chain and logistics, digital marketing, purchasing, and research and development.
- DMU has a modern, fully resourced 24-hour library with access to thousands of online books and journals, including news, analysis and commentary from leading global business publication the Financial Times, and marketing insight from WARC.