Pharmaceutical Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field focusing on the development and production of biopharmaceuticals that could lead to cures for many major diseases.
Globally, pharmaceutical biotechnology courses are rare and no other course offers such a broad scope where, as well as theory, you’ll be able to develop your skills with a key focus on practical content, studying pre-clinical studies, clinic and marketing that will help prepare you for a diverse career in either industry or academia.
Study an interdisciplinary subject based on the teaching and research expertise of our experienced practitioner and research-based staff. Our research is driven by societal strategic priorities and fully aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Areas of expertise include Pharmaceutical Technologies and Nanomedicine, Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Infectious Disease research.
Benefit from major investment in state of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment to match that used in the best industrial laboratories. This includes FACS analysis, confocal microscope, electron microscope, mass spectrometer, fermentation units and tissue culture suites.
- Our reputation of more than 100 years’ pharmacy teaching ensures we produce graduates of the highest calibre.
- Benefit from major investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment at par to that used in industry.
- Learn from a combination of unique academic expertise across faculties by sharing one core module with students on a Master of Business Administration (MBA), broadening understanding around the importance of business in this area.
- International and UK students have benefited from this established course and progressed to PhD study and global relevant employment in the biotech sector.
- Study a range of specialist modules allowing you to receive up-to-date subject matter on multiple protein expression systems.
- Many of our graduates have progressed on to study for PhDs or work in roles in the biotech sector in both the UK and overseas.