“….Our civilization like a starship sent into space, travels towards a not-doing society, a society of being where the value of ideas and creativity in thinking prevail on action. The next psychological revolution will produce the shift to a more evolved economy, more subtle and intelligent, to a more efficient, idealistic and concrete capitalism, at the service of life on earth and of the evolution of man.
In this economy individuals inspired by an “ethical objectiveness” will emerge, cells of a new humanity, capable of nurturing the dream of a global economy and of a politics of a planetary responsibility, people aware that individual, personal improvement is the basis for every progress made in society. ..”
From ‘Economy is a Way of Dreaming’, by Elio D’Anna, Founder and President, European School of Economics
THE PROGRAMME AIMS TO:
- provide a coherent, broad based programme of study of political and economic history, theory and organisations and their management and their growth within the context of a changing external environment;
- provide an understanding of how values are allocated and resources are distributed and contested on the local, sectoral, national, regional and global levels.
- place questions of political and international order and disorder, decision-making and political contestation at the centre of analysis
- develop in students a capacity to think critically and independently about events, ideas and institutions
- provide new ideas that will be the seeds of development for independent thinking and creation of visionary leaders
Two specialisations pathways – 1. Leadership 2. Diplomacy