The Bachelor's degree in Interior and Product Design is a three-year program in a field of study in which the Accademia Italiana has been involved, both at the educational and research level, for over thirty years. As such the Accademia has become an international point of reference for new creativity in this particular sector.
All of the Accademia Italiana's professors are highly experienced professionals, designers, and technical experts.
Over the years the school has been host to numerous high-profile guests, including Alessandro Mendini, Andrea Branzi, Alberto Alessi, and Riccardo Dalisi as well as representatives from the most famous artistic industries (Kartell, Poltrona Frau, Momo Design, and others).
During the course of study, great importance will be placed not only on the development of artistic projects but also on mastery of every technical aspect of design.
Students will develop the capacity to design both individual objects and furnished spaces both on an industrial scale and "to measure." The course will feature the use of both traditional design instruments and the computer, with lessons and exercises using specific software.
The historical and technical aspects of interior design are also included in the course's curriculum.
External activities such as participation in exhibitions and competitions and educational visits make up an integral part of the program, as do special seminars at the school, such as talks given by designers and experts and practical workshops. The Interior and Product Design program will equip students with the knowledge and skills to attain professional success, whether as freelance professionals or within the industry.
- Design research analysis;
- Knowledge of materials and their use;
- Survey and restructuring of spaces;
- Design of interior furniture (private homes);
- Design of furniture for commercial and public spaces (restaurants, museums, hotels);
- Design of external spaces (redevelopment of public squares and gardens) and outside furniture;
- Product design (market trends analysis; study of the history, functions, morphology, production and types of industrial materials; ideation and development of the concept; design of a new project, creation of prototypes);
- Graphics and visual communication of the design;
- Ideation of the layout and creation of the final portfolio.