The master Degree in Computer Science aims at educating specialists with solid foundations in computer science and high qualification in information technologies. It provides a high level of scientific preparation and specialization in the design of innovative software systems and evolving information and communication technologies.
The scientific and methodological approach of the master will allow graduated students to manage the complexity of modern information systems and to contribute to the progress of computer science both in its basic foundations and in its different applicative areas.
This integration between technology and scientific foundations is a distinctive feature of the Degree in Computer Science.
The programme of studies is organized into for currculum:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data and Knowledge: science and technology
- ICT solution architect
- Software: programming, principles and technologies
Each curriculum has characterizing and elective courses and, at the end of the studies, grants a supplement diploma that states the specialization reached by the student in one of the four curriculum.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Graduates of the Program in Computer Science will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to easily acquire new technologies in the rapidly evolving ICT area and critical awareness of their behaviour.
- Deep knowledge of programming systems and formal tools for the specification of those systems.
- Deep ability to build new algorithmic solutions for specific problems.
- Deep knowledge of networked systems.
- Deep knowledge of data management systems.
- Knowledge of mathematical methodologies required to model and analyse ICT systems
- Specialized knowledge of one specific area of ICT within one of the four curriculum
- Ability to communicate in English in addition to Italian.
Occupational Profile/s of Graduates:
The main professional skills of the student graduated in Computer Science are the design, development and management of information systems. In particular, the degree in Computer Science prepares students for different professions:
- Management of computer systems and production of software systems both in public administrations and in public/private companies.
- Researcher in public/private institutes in every field of Computer Science.